Digital marketing is now one of the solid ways to make your online promotion great. Many people called it online marketing also. It contains all those advertising and business actions that can help your visibility. The strategy of digital marketing can execute in the media and internet channels.
This aspect has been applied since the 90s as a way to assign offline marketing techniques to the digital universe.
Identical to the huge growth and evolution of digital technology, online marketing has been experiencing, progressively, and very quickly. Profound changes both in the techniques and tools used (and their complexity) and in the chances it offers to recipients. Let's see how!
Know how digital marketing was born: from web 1.0 to web 2.0!
In its beginnings, online marketing was based on 1.0 web pages and was a translation of advertising from traditional media (television, radio, paper media ...) to the first web pages, which did not allow bidirectionality in interaction with users. The advertising companies were in full control of the message and limited themselves to showing it to the audience.
Also, the advertising of the web 1.0 platform was limited. In most cases, representing a showcase of products or services in the form of an online catalog. Even so, this type of advertising already pointed out interesting features. Such as possible public opportunities, the possibility of updating the content. Also the combination of texts, images, and other multimedia formats.
But, in a few years, the revolution came. Crazy technological advances allow for the widespread circulation of a high-level Internet.. Web 2.0 was born and, with it, marketing 2.0 (as digital or online marketing is also known today). And often change!
From that moment on, it became possible for all users to share information easily. Thanks to social networks, forums, or platforms. Because of allowing the almost instant change of pieces that were before impossible. Such as photos and videos.
The Internet became much more than a means of searching for information. And now it has become a great community. Currently, the network is only understood to exchange information in two directions. Feedback is total and central between brands and users, with the pros and cons that this requires.
The tools of digital marketing
Digital marketing puts at our order a series of tools of great diversity. From which they can be carried out from small actions at almost zero cost to complex strategies. And obviously more expensive in which endless techniques and resources can be combined.
These are the main ones:
Web or blog: Without a doubt, a web or a blog are two of the main tools from which to organize a digital marketing or inbound marketing campaign. It is a digital strategy to attract users. And then convert them into customers by generating value content and non-intrusive.
But, the use of a website or blog as the central axis does not mean exclusivity, quite the contrary. It is possible to use, in a mutual or parallel way. Other digital actions to give greater visibility to campaigns are social networks, video platforms or forums, etc.
- Once you are clear if you want to make a website, a blog, or both, remember that you have to make another decision. For example, what domain will you use, where will you host your page, what will the site's structure be like, what content will it have, how will you create them, what techniques will you use to get users to reach your page. ..
Search engines: Search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing, are tools that allow internet users to find content related to what they are looking for.
- To successfully position a page or blog in the top positions of search engines and get visitors, you need to carry out organic positioning (SEO) or paid (SEM) actions in your online marketing strategy.
- Display advertising: It is the most traditional branch of digital marketing. It could be considered the billboard for the digital medium. These are advertisements (banners) of different sizes and formats (texts, images, graphics, videos ...) that keep a space on internet sites in an engaging and impressive way.
Email marketing: This successor to the classic mailbox is possibly the most expert but still useful tool. Because she has known how to adapt to changes and her ability to work in order with other plans, such as follow-up and lead training.
- Email marketing can be shot in own or third party databases.. From which messages are made in the form of newsletters, catalogs, courses, etc.
- Social networks: These platforms, as you know, have not stopped growing and gaining popularity since the approach of digital marketing. Also, they have been able to adapt perfectly to the changes and demands of users and user habits.
Social networks are completely effective for content distribution, as well as for creating a brand community, branding, and even online shopping, user management, and customer service.
Besides, in many of them (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) there is also the possibility of launching segmented online advertising campaigns, which can be a good addition to any online strategy.
The advantages of digital marketing or online marketing
Digital marketing is a crucial strategy for brands due to the great opportunity for growth, branding, and sales or customer benefit that they represent.
The vast majority of potential customers, or at least the vast majority, are constantly connected to the Internet from computers and, in recent years, via their mobile phones or tablets.
This context has fostered a wide range of advantages of digital marketing, among which are:
- Affordable costs. Online marketing is affordable to budget. Especially when related to regular marketing channels such as television, radio, or the press.
- Greater capacity for control, optimization, and correction of campaigns due to the collection and possibility of real-time discussion of the results obtained, also, accurately.
- Great flexibility and dynamism. With the possibility of carrying out tests and changes on the go depending on the results obtained and the behavior of users of a campaign.
- This allows for a very specific, personalized and precise partition. In an online marketing campaign, the company can segment its campaigns taking into account the sociodemographic, irrational data of the users, as well as their presence on the internet.
- It allows an exact measurement of the campaign. Results obtained, benefits, return on investment (ROI), etc.
After this presentation, we hope that it has become clearer what it means and, above all, what it means to do digital marketing or online marketing today. So we would like to know your opinion. Do you have any questions about how to apply it to your project? Do you know more advantages or ways to optimize your campaigns? Tell us about it!