Much like Twitter and Facebook, Instagram allows admins of any Instagram accounts to request Instagram verified badges and Instagram certificates for specific profiles. Unfortunately, there is no usage to confirm that you have received an Instagram badge, only information on the subject. No web company can provide you with this type of service.
Of course, by looking at several famous influencer accounts on Instagram you can notice the blue check next to their names. This symbol represents verified accounts on a social network.
There are so many people who are searching for how they get verified on Instagram. They have much appeal for the blue tick or verified badge for their account. If you want to know how you can verify your Instagram account, you have come to the right place. Just keep reading. We will explain everything you need to know about how to request verification of your Instagram account.
What does Instagram verification mean?
INSTAGRAM VERIFIED BADGE
The Instagram verified badge comes in the form of a small icon that follows the name of a page. This Instagram verification badge has been given to pages by Instagram. This account is authentic: it represents a celebrity. A brand with an important public figure, or a very strong reputation. A dedicated team handles the usual checks.
What is the point of having my Instagram account verified?
Before jumping into the process, do you know why your Instagram account should be verified?
Verified Instagram accounts are given a blue tick badge with a white mark. With this badge, Instagram ensures that your account is authentic, that it is not a robot, or that it is a fake account at the risk of deceiving visitors. This is the best way to gain the trust of your audience.
Instagram blue tick verifications are hard to get. Because the badge is a guarantee of quality that will earn you respect for the application. So if any influencer or Instagram person can achieve this, he can create acceptance among the viewers.
Why certify your Instagram account?
Receiving a blue Instagram badge gives true credit to your account. Your community will know that they are following the correct profile. He will not hesitate to follow you.
In particular, it prevents fans like you from leaving. But avoid identity theft or counterfeit product sales for the brand. Generally speaking, you are the real thing.
Once your Instagram account is verified, it will also appear in your Instagram search. Also, your verified profile looks better.
Besides that, the certification of your insta account will allow you to be able to share links directly in your stories via the swipe-up function. This option is normally only unlocked for accounts with more than 10,000 subscribers.
Advantages Of Verifying Your Instagram Account
Verifying your Instagram account is important for many benefits:
- A verified account conveys more confidence
- Increase the credibility of your brand
- Give a good boost to your brand image
- Verified accounts are paid more if you are an influencer
- A verified company gives the customer more confidence
- Verified accounts rank better.
So many good reasons to apply for Instagram certification.
Who is eligible to get verified on Instagram?
The coveted blue badge wouldn't be so coveted if it were easy to come by.
Verification on Instagram is reserved for accounts that the platform considers "of public interest". Specifically, for public figures, celebrities, or global brands.
To get it, you must follow the Instagram Terms of Service and Community Rules. Also, as Instagram explains on its website, your account must also be:
- Authentic. Obviously, you have to be who you say you are, that is, a real person, a registered company, or a brand.
- Only One. Only one account per person or business can be verified on Instagram, with exceptions for specific accounts in different languages. Instagram says it doesn't verify accounts of general interest (like those profiles that compile memes, for example). Fan-made accounts also don't qualify.
- Public. If you want to verify your Instagram account, of course, your account is already visible to everyone, isn't it? Some brands may have tested and proved with private Instagram accounts. These Instagram accounts do not qualify for verification.
- Complete. You must have a full bio, profile photo, and at least one post.
- Remarkable. Once again, Instagram places special importance that verified accounts must "represent a well-known, highly-sought person, brand or entity."
If you already have a verification badge on Facebook, this does not mean that you will be verified on Instagram. Getting verified on Facebook is so much easier.
Facebook grants verification to small businesses and organizations. But Instagram says it will only grant a verification badge to "important" accounts that are "of public interest" and "have a high probability of being forged."
Requirements To Verify Your Instagram Account
Instagram will not verify any account. You must meet some very important requirements.
- Be authentic: the account has to represent a person, brand, or entity that exists in real life.
- Be unique: The account must be unique to the individual or brand it represents. It cannot be a generic account such as photos of a city, a movement, or a group.
- Be open: The account must be public, no private accounts.
- Be complete: the profile must have personal data, photography, and, at least, one publication. You cannot suggest that they follow you on other social networks.
- Be important: the account has to represent a recognized brand or person, which users search for a lot. You must appear in many news sources naturally, not sponsored.
Request verification on Instagram
If you meet several of these requirements and want to request verification of your account, you just have to follow these simple steps :
- From your feed, enter the top menu of the three stripes and click on "settings".
- In the "account" subsection you will find both the different types of account you can use and the "request verification" section, enter here.
- In the form that you see in this step, you must fill in all the information that Instagram requests, such as your real name or the category of your account. Also, you will have to attach a photo of your identification document so that the person in charge of verifying your application can verify your identity.
Once you complete these steps and submit the request, the process of verifying your data by this platform will begin. We recommend that, before requesting verification, you create some kind of "huge" activity in your account. So that the person in charge of analyzing it can see the latest progress on your profile. You can do this by inviting viewers to participate by creating a poll on stories by publishing them in your feed or, as we have done.
How long will this process take? It depends on many factors. In some cases the process takes less than 24 hours and, in other users, it has taken more than 72 hours. You just have to wait for the answer.
Keep in mind that Instagram will never ask you to make a payment to grant you verification. And it will not send you an email asking for more information to make the verification request. If you receive a request to make a payment or an email asking for more details, it is a scam.
Conclusion: How to get the blue Instagram badge easily?
We hope that this article has answered all your questions about this famous blue Instagram badge. And we hope that now you have a better understanding of Instagram's verification system.
We wish you to quickly get your Instagram certified logo. In the meantime, continue to learn more about Instagram and it’s influencing by reading the other posts on our blog.