Do you want to optimize your Pinterest strategy? We’ve been able to name a few points on a few blogs. It is said to increase traffic to a website, create more engagement, help achieve quality tips, increase sales of online stores, and even improve the SEO position of a web.
There are many people in the world who are concentrating on using Pinterest so that they can use it in their social strategies. But still now, many companies do not know how to use Pinest properly in their social media strategies.
We have been able to verify that there are some businesses in this online world that are on Pinterest. But they are all without professional or strategic criteria. In other words, they have a lower optimized presence and they are not deprived of the expected results from below.
As a result of what we've discussed so far, we've come to the conclusion that the main problem for our companies is that they don't understand how to use Pinterest in a more productive way in their daily lives online. We're talking about doing a basic optimization on your accounts to adapt it to your current strategies and improve the results they get.
How to use Pinterest in your marketing strategy?
7 tips for optimizing and using Pinterest in your social media strategy
Here are the things you need to take into account and adapt to the same things:
1. Optimize your Pinterest account
We assume that you have created a profile on this social network that is probably not properly optimized. So we recommend:
- If you already have a personal profile on Pinterest, it's a good idea to turn it into a company page. Because this way you will be able to enjoy all the advanced features that a page has to offer (eg: analytics and statistics, rich pins, promotional pins, multiple users, etc.).
- Complete your page with all the data related to your business (name: 100 characters, description: 200 characters) like any other network. And then upload to your account a standard profile photo (165 × 165 pixels) that will now appear in the same circle.
- Verify the address of your website so that it appears next to your profile picture, name, and description.
2. Design a thematic strategy for your boards
The best way to understand what we should plan on our boards is to analyze three common mistakes in this regard, especially when starting with Pinterest:
- First, it’s not clear what the themes of our mainboards will be. The ideal is to have a few boards that will talk about your brand. As well as others related to the topics that are most interested in your target audience.
- We have not chosen the correct name for our board. This name needs to be interesting and at the same time descriptive (its basis) because it has a responsibility to attract our followers. Don’t forget that any user can follow each of our boards individually. That being said, each of them must earn their own followers because otherwise, you will move away from a very unbalanced number of profiles.
- You do not use appropriate details on your boards. Although there are very few of them, there is a good description of our dashboards (including relevant keywords). This will make our account better within the same platform. One tip, since most of the users of this network are English speakers, it may be interesting to use the bilingual technique.
3. Use high-quality and well-optimized images
Remember it is a visual social network! So, optimizing your images is vital to taking advantage of Pinterest in a more productive way within your social media strategy. We would like to recommend to you:
- Make more interesting and improved quality pins. Vertical images are much more interesting and pinned than horizontal images. If we talk about the color of the photographs, it is good that they have several colors and they are not very dark. Images that are +/- 50% saturated have more impact than larger saturated images. The background of your pins is also important, it should be less than 30% (depending on the image).
- Make sure your pins are further repainted. Most Pinterest pins are said to be replicas of other images on the same platform (more than 60% are repeated images). So, if your strategy is more interesting and includes original photographs and infographics, you can get more vitality in your pins (see: How to design more viral pins?). It's not just about sharing what others have uploaded, it's about finding and creating original content ... (of course, everyone will want to post).
4. Optimize the description of your pins
The misconception that the text has no significance in Pinterest. This social network is only about photos or quality images. But this is not entirely true. Of course, images are not the queen of space, but we should never forget the power of the word. For this you should:
- Write a summary. Although Pinterest supports 500 characters, it is best to use a short, clear look (+/- 250 characters), which is easy enough to read with the natural eye.
- Include descriptions in your pins with a custom title and the most relevant keywords. Because these keywords will depend on the best position of that pin in the Pinterest image search engine and moreover, whether its virality will increase or not.
- Use hashtags. Adding a few hashtags to the pin description is always effective.
- Action calls included. Another way to make our pins more viral is to include activity in them or their descriptions. Use words that inspire your followers to click on that image to go to the web for more information.
- You can edit PINs if you use images from websites not optimized for Pinterest. You can write the correct description yourself to increase their virality. This benefits the original owner of the images, but it will also increase the visibility of your account.
5. Link your pins to your website or the product page
Pinterest lets you link your PINs to your preferred URL. So when you manually upload an image of your company or product, include a link in the PIN that will take you to your website or its page (to increase your sales or get more potential customers). A great way) sure
6. Pinterest is a social network and not just a bulletin board
Like other networks, people don't just want to see photos of your company and its products and services. A strategy of boards and different materials, using interesting and quality images in those photographs of your products, will bring better results to your marketing strategy at Pinterest.
7. Professionalize your strategy using rich and promoted pins (Pinterest advertising)
- Rich Pins: You can add more details to make them more effective and attractive to your followers or potential customers (there are 5 types: recipes, movies, articles, products, and space). Also, with them, a company can display the price, stock, or land of the place where a product is sold (see: "Place Pins"). These rich pins are Pinest’s first steps in the world of e-commerce.
- Promoted PINs are almost identical to Pinterest, Facebook ads, Twitter ads, and so on. Because with this particular type of PIN any business or brand will gain more visibility for its products and services. This means that by considering search results and categories you will now be able to show your PINs to more users who are not currently following your boards.
- A professional strategy is one that measures your actions and analyzes the results you get, so you know how you work and what you don't.
As you can see, this is a social network that clearly defines certain features. So, analyze the features or characteristics of our business that are suitable for it. This can be one of the best ways to take advantage of Pinterest in a simpler and more productive way in our social media strategy.